Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Once in a Lifetime Oppurtunity

So as some of you may know, Nia was sweet enough to let me go to the Sugar Bowl in January to watch my beloved Utah play. It was hands down, without question, the happiest moment of my life! There is nothing that I can think of that could compare. Maybe the only ones would be the day I met Nia, or the day Madeline was born. That's my top 3...yeah, I'm confident about that. The 30 hour drive each way was well worth it. And such scenic landscapes too.
Honestly, though, the game was phenomenal. You would think that after Utah was up 21-0 in the 1st quarter I would have been rubbing my elbows together, but I think the score made me more nervous. I kept thinking, this is going to really suck if Alabama kicks it up a notch and Utah blows this lead. But Utah just kept pouring it on. I won't lull you non-sports fans with the stats, but lets just say that Utah treated the Tide like they were Cougs. In fact, 90% of the Alabama fans had cleared out of the stadium with four minutes left.


This is us being happy at the end of the greatest game in the history of everything. That counts the time I scored 260,000 on 'Dwarf Throw'.



We ate our faces off. I ate crawfish with every meal. I have never had such great seafood. I take that back, Artic Circle has a pretty good fish sandwich. They trim it into such a nice perfect square.



This was my father and I getting some directions from the guy that was in "Song of the South". This was right after his encore version of "ZipaDeeDoDa"




We paid our respects to all those who have gone before. Marcus is in the back trying to remember what it was he was just doing. He was walking.


The public facilities in the French Quarters were a joke. Fortunately there was no line at this one. (I have to put a disclaimer on this one, because Nia doesn't want anyone to think that I was actually peeing in the street like everyone else.)

7 comments:

Haley said...

Haha! Glad you had such a fun time! That game was awesome!

Our Little Corner said...

You're too cute, Skip! I love this post and you make me laugh so hard. Artic Circle does have a good fish sandwich, I agree, however I am sure that the food was phenomonal! I am so jealous!

Our Little Corner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Little Corner said...

Oh my heck! For some reason whenever I post something on your blog, it gets posted twice. Seriously, I am not this stupid, am I? (Oh please don't answer that)

Mrs.Mayne said...

Being in New Oleans, you probably could have peed on the street and fit right in.

Our Little Corner said...

Heck being in Salt Lake you can sometimes pee in the streets and fit right in. You just have to pick the right crowd to hang out with if you want to urinate in public.

Sunny & Court said...

Glad you had fun. Nia was sure pleasant to be with while you were gone. Totally kidding, we had a blast!! I didn't get to watch the game cause our flight was delayed and we were stuck in the airport and they had stupid CNN on every T.V.