Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Firsts



Madeline got her first professional haircut on Saturday. I have trimmed her bangs, and the back of her hair but that is it. She has a bad habit of twirling her hair on her left side and it was starting to get a little bit uneven...
Here is the final product. She kept giving me silly faces every time I asked her to smile and then my camera died. But it is super cute and looks so much better!
Another first for Madeline was getting stitches. You would think that with how active Madeline is that I would have some crazy story about how this happened but nope I don't...she just missed stepping on the curb...
I saw it happening but couldn't get there in time to stop her from falling and I knew when I picked her up she would be hurt. We hurried and rushed her to instacare and got there at 7:59, they close at 8. She was so scared getting the stitches but did really well. I however cried for her. It was so sad to see her scared little face and she was holding my hands so tight, it broke my heart. She is doing much better and loves the Dora band aids she gets to wear now!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

ouch!! that just looks so painful!

her hair is adorable!

Carrie said...

I hate when you just can't reach them in time. Bentley too loves bandaids. I think they make everything feel better.

T. Driaza said...

Gosh Nia! You go from an adorable cute hair cut picture to a painful ouchy picture! Adorable Maddie! I'm so glad she's Coey's friend! Oh you too...my friend! ;0)

Our Little Corner said...

:(
We heard about this earlier today from Mom. So sad. I hate the ouchies, but our ouchies haven't ever required stitches, so we have to give props to Miss Madeline!

Haley said...

Poor little Madeline. Two of my sisters split their chins open and neither of them have scars. You can't even notice. So if that gives you any solace. On a lighter note, cute haircut! It looks like she enjoyed herself. I heard Sophie laughed today, how cute!! Baby laughs are the cutest sound in the world.

Robyn Reynolds said...

Poor Madeline! I am glad she came to party still. Her hair looks beautiful too.