Sunday, June 21, 2009

Delivery Day










Disclaimer : If you are grossed out by the words dilation, effaced, or pushing this post is not for you. Do not continue reading!


So on Friday June 5th I had a Dr appt. My blood sugars and been going up and after a couple tests on Friday my Dr decided that it would be best to just induce me Saturday morning. That night Skipper and I took Madeline on a little outing. We went and saw the movie Up, which is so cute by the way, and just had a fun time. As I put Madeline to bed that night I was so sad that it wasn't going to be just her and I anymore. But I was so excited that she was going to be a big sister. Needless to say I had a lot of mixed emotions!

Around 3:30 that morning I started to have contractions, which had been happening to me off and on for a little while. We got to the hospital around 5:30 and they got me hooked up to the monitors and I was having contractions, but they weren't regular, but they had completely effaced me. The day before I was at 4 cm and 75% effaced, so they were doing something. They started me on the pitocin around 7:30 to get the contractions regular. At 12:30 I was at a 6, and they broke my water, and I decided to get an epidural, which wasnt near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was worried about spinal headaches, stalled labor, and not being able to push because I was so numb and none of that happened so I am a fan!. At 1:30 I was at an 8 and at 1:45 I started to feel pressure, and the nurse told me she would come check me soon....
At 2:10 finally she came in and said Oh my the baby is ready to come... Then she proceeded to tell me she would have been in sooner but she needed a break. Then I had to wait another 30 minutes for the Dr. So Sophie would've been born about an 30 minutes to an hour earlier had the nurse listened to me.
Skipper asked my Dr if he could help out so he got to get all gowned up and the Dr sat next to him and instructed him on what to do, so he actually delivered Sophie! I only had to push a couple times and she was here! She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz so she was 1 lb 5 oz bigger than Madeline! It was love at first sight! I was so happy when Madeline got to the hospital and our little family was together.

13 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Those are adorable photos. I was wondering if you got an epidural or not this time around. I kept forgetting to ask you. That's so cool that Skipper helped deliver. Glad you guys are doing well. Miss ya all!

Brittany R said...

I'm so glad that it all went well for you guys. We need to get down there and see all of you. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures. She is such a beautiful baby! Congratulations again!

Brooks.Karlie.Mac said...

Congrats! She is a doll and I can't wait to meet this little one!

Katja said...

The picture of both your girls is so cute. Congratulations again.

Jaime said...

I heart epidurals!!
So glad everything went well, she is just beautiful!

Daphne Crook said...

I had a similar experience with both my kids. I told them I was feeling pressure and they took their darn sweet time about checking me. When they did manage to check me (with Levi)they spazed and rushed to get ready because they could tell he was coming, (with Hazel) they saw her head coming out and seriously freaked! Well if you would have checked me when I first told you to, we wouldn't be freaking, now would we?

Our Little Corner said...

I'd never heard the whole story, so I'm glad you told it. Madeline is so cute with her and we loved seeing her again the other night.

Haley said...

I love the picture of Madeline and Sophie, that is adorable! Good to hear the whole story. I'm glad the epidural went well and that it worked for you! It stopped my labor we think but it was sure nice not feeling those contractions!! It also made me itch SO bad but it was worth it. You guys will be in our prayers.

Carrie said...

SOoo cute Nia. I love the pic of Madi and Sophie.

Haley said...

I want to see more pictures!!!!

Ashlee said...

Oh my gosh congrats! She is beautiful! You are so lucky to have another girl. I want one.....could you just send one of yours this way?

Noah, Nikki and Tristan said...

What a beautiful little girl! I am so glad that everything went okay. We need to get together before we leave for NC