Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tis the Season

For Sicknesses!!!! Maddie never got sick during the first year of her life, and that sadly has come to an end. We spent a few hours on Christmas in the hospital with a stomach virus. She was so sick and I had given her tylenol to help with her 100 degree temp and then 2 hours later it was 103.5 so at 1 in the morning we were in the ER. She was a bit dehydrated and they kept her there until she would keep down fluids and her temp dropped. She was sick for about 5 days. The hardest part is she was doing so good at eating solids (finally!) before this and I was getting her weaned to about 4 times a day... When she was sick all she wanted to do was nurse and she wouldn't drink anything else so I felt like she was a newborn again. So we just started getting better at eating when she decided to get sick again. My sister in law brought her a stuffed animal today and she carried it all around with her it was cute. I think it helped. We also got her a new denim dress she was going to wear to church today but she didn't get to since she was sick but she saw it in her room and brought it to me and wanted to wear it. She is so funny, and I even got a smile!

4 comments:

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Poor thing! I can't believe she is sick again! That is one thing I am not excited for when my baby comes.

Mrs.Mayne said...

She is so cute.........even when she is sick. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Jaime said...

having sick babies is the worst!! I feel for you.

Brittany R said...

Poor Maddie, I hope she's feeling better now.